Re: Invite to join the Release Team

Quoting Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org):

> Eh, who said we're not going to use the *information*? But the way of
> presenting "I write an text about what the release team thinks" is not
> going to help, and I think the criticsmn raised from e.g. Alexander is

.../... (plus what Marc followed up as answer too)

OK, then, fair enough. I actually also agree that Clint's text can't
go out as is and needs some rewording to be able to be sent out as a
release update. As is, still, it is already a very useful information
for people who want to get a rough idea of remaining issues to deal
with without having been involved in many recent lists.

I hope that Clint is OK for his text to be used as a basis for a more
general release update mail.

WRT concerns about the way such text can be interpreted by "the press"
or whoever not directly involved in Debian and is reading d-d-a, I
think that should go *after* the need to inform developers. I know
that past experience showed that interpretation of mails sent to d-d-a
by outsiders of the project may in some way lead to false assesments
and facts published on web site or "the press" in general. But I'm not
really sure we can really have a big control over this, whatever the
text is.