Re: Notes on IRC meeting

On 2010-03-17, Marc Haber <mh+debian-release@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>> And it is also a problem for the KDE team that we are working hard to
>> get something ready in order to just get stalled by other things. This
>> also hurts our ability to attract and keep new people for the Debian KDE
>> team as it might take months for their work to be able to reach the
>> archive.
>
> KDE is a huge pile  of code with an even higher number of dependencies,
> which is neither easy nor fast to maintain.

We could - and would like to have - a much higher upload frequency. KDE
is a large codebase,  yes, but there is also quite many easy corners of
KDE, that new people can work on.  It is just hard to keep them when
their changes takes months to reach the users.

With no uploads, we lose momentum, and without momentum, KDE is not easy
nor fast to maintain.

/Sune