Re: Timeouts

Heya,

[sorry, I've been away for a few days and then had some trip-induced illness to contend with]

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:42:47PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Maybe Iain Lane can comment on agda.

I've been watching this a bit. I just asked Marc on IRC to give back on alpha (with increased timeout), s390, sparc to see if we can get moving there. Or if they fail again then we can see how deterministic it is to maybe be able to look at refactoring the affected module(s) in coordination with upstream.

Now, thanks to Marco's research:
agda           2.2.6-2       2.2.6-3

hppa           04:57:19      60:57:00+
kfreebsd-i386  00:17:10      00:11:39
mips           02:35:19      03:54:06
mipsel         02:34:59      04:04:43
powerpc        00:26:37      00:27:16
s390           00:47:49      02:00:55
sparc          03:23:58      08:33:05+

... I wonder if we have uncovered a bug somewhere. Agda built in the past for hppa mips s390 sparc, yet is having some trouble now. That's assuming that all of the give-backs that we just scheduled fail again.

Otherwise I don't want agda to hold back the testing transition, so we should be open to Joachim's previous suggestion of dropping arch support for those binaries, or doing similar to ghc6 and removing the already built binaries from those arches so that future FTBFS do not affect the testing transition.

Cheers,
Iain