Re: Timeouts

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:
> If the package requires too much resources for such an architecture to
> build, maybe it’s an indication that these architectures are also a too
> weak to use the package, and therefore there would be no loss to drop
> support for these packages on the affected arches (i.e. remove any
> existing old builds and add the files to N-F-U)? At least until a user
> on these arches complains?

This might be a solution, yes, though I would prefer not to do
this. You've managed to get highlighting-kate's build times down, making
it build everywhere but on armel (where it got tried on a sloooow
buildd, let's see if this gets better on one of the faster boxes). We
have similar problem with agda, could you have a look at that?

In other news, armel failed to build hdbc-{odbc,postgresl,sqlite3}. I
guess they need a give-back + dep-wait on some new binNMUs, but I fear I
have no idea what I need to binNMU. Could you give me a hint there?

As far as I can see, agda and the armel issues are the last bits missing
before we can get the new ghc6 into testing :-)

Marc
--
BOFH #165:
Backbone Scoliosis