Re: Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union

Heya,

>  - New source package format:
>     Make it possible to build all packages using dpkg source format
>     3.0 (quilt).
This seems like something that requires packagers to take some action, or at
least check their packages for this possibility? However, I've never heard
about this new "source format" until now. Did I miss something, or will there
be separate announcements about this still?

A quick read of the dpkg-source manpage about the source format 3 didn't
really help my understanding of what would be required to attain this goal.
Could you elaborate a bit? Perhaps in the next update?

Gr.

Matthijs