Re: Debian 5.0

Let me be the first to say, Welcome to Debian! Also, let me full warn
you of some grumpies that you will encounter such as Josselin whom do
not like to follow code of conduct. Just, do not let them bother you
at all.

I would like for you to learn the lists and yes, it is extensive and
can be confusing to pick the right one to post to. Here is the list
description that you posted to.

debian-release mailing list
Coordinating Debian releases
Coordination of Debian releases issues such as testing migrations,
transitions and removals. This list should not be considered a
discussion list; discussions related to releases issues should be held
on more appropriate lists such as debian-devel, debian-legal or
debian-project.

This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone.

Posting address: debian-release@lists.debian.org

Here are the different lists to choose from. You will more then likely
choose the "users" section. See below:

&

http://lists.debian.org/

> Security Advisories

Debian will not hide any reported bugs. It is not ran like a
proprietary software vendor. Bugs are reported and fixed quite fast,
actually. Here is some starter addresses to help you understand:
http://www.debian.org/security/
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

> I'm a newbie, and I don't know a lot of things to be able to do skillful
> things to prevent myself. What do you recommend on that? Thank you.

Under " Securing Debian Manual"

http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#securing

Pick the format to view the security book. Security concepts and
knowledge is not something learned, understood and gained in 15
minutes. I would encourage you to start at the link provided. Debian
is well documented and written to read about. It has it's own culture.
Learn the system and most of all, have fun doing so.

> Also, I'd like to learn more about Debian. Is there a good book that you could
> recommend to me, please?

Here are  some starts:

http://www.debian.org/intro/about
http://forums.debian.net/