Re: binNMU for libthai/libdatrie transition

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> No big worries. It’s very likely I would’ve missed myself the fact that
> pango1.0 would be rendered uninstallable for a while with that scheme.
> And thanks for pushing for decreasing the spurious linkage in the archive!

 Not sure who you were saying that to, but I did raise that we should
 avoid the transition; perhaps I should have used stronger words

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> The thing is that it’s infinitely better to rebuild pango1.0 and make it
> depend on libdatrie1, and then rebuild it again once libthai was fixed
> in order to make the dependency go away completely, than to wait and
> rebuild it only once when a fixed libthai is available. Because with the
> former way you don’t render it uninstallable at any point, but with the
> latter you do.

 I think you're mixing libdatrie and libthai above, not sure; I was
 proposing to:
 - change libthai/unstable to not cause linkage on libdatrie
 - rebuild pango against that to drop the datrie dep
 - upload new datrie
 - rebuild libthai against it

> Of course, you weren’t supposed to be aware of this, since it’s rather
> specific knowledge, so no blame is involved. :-)

 Theppitak is upstream for datrie and libthai as well

--
Loïc Minier