Re: binNMU for libthai/libdatrie transition

+ Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:25:24 +0700):

> Dear release team,

> libdatrie has bumped soname from libdatrie0 to libdatrie1, and the new libthai
> in unstable has modified its *.pc and *.la to hide the direct libdatrie link
> from its rdepends. So, its rdepends should be rebuilt to get rid of that direct
> link and avoid symbol conflicts.

> Please schedule binNMU for the libdatrie transition via libthai for this
> package:

> m17n-lib

> All other libthai rdepends have already been sourcefully uploaded.

m17n-lib has also seen a recent sourceful upload, so no Bin-NMUs are
necessary:

    http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/m17n-lib/news/20090415T103206Z.html

Also, please notify the release team about transitions as soon as
possible, and preferably before uploading to unstable. Having libdatrie0
disappear from unstable while pango1.0 still linked against it has
rendered a big part of the archive unbuildable while we wait for
pango1.0 to get rebuild, and that’s rather unfortunate because it slows
down our job enormously.

Thanks for your work, though. :-)

--
- Are you sure we're good?