Re: NetworkManager testing migration

Hi!

Adeodato Simó schrieb:

> As you very well explain, gnome-main-menu also provides the libslab0
> library, so gnome-main-menu can’t be just removed from testing to allow
> for this transition to happen, since that would render gnome-control-center
> uninstallable.

Philipp said on IRC, that a partial removal of gnome-main-menu was
possible, i.e. keep the binary packages libslab(0,-dev), which have no
libnm-util dependencies and only remove the binary package
gnome-main-menu. He also advised to contact debian-release about that.
I guess I should have mentioned that ;-)

> By looking at mia-query output, it indeed seems Riccardo has been a bit
> absent as of late. Since we have an offer from Julian Andres Klode to
> help with maintenance of gnome-main-menu, I’ll reply on that thread now
> suggesting that he goes forward.
>
> I realize this will involve more waiting for you, but I prefer not to
> leave gnome-main-menu uninstallable in testing (which would be the other
> option), and unfortunately these are just the perks of maintaining
> packages with reverse dependencies.

Yeah, a bit more waiting is not a problem for me, if I know that Julian
*will* take care of if and the there *will* be an upload soon.

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?