[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Reverting the libmpc 0.1~r435-1 upload

Am Mittwoch, den 11.03.2009, 23:15 +0100 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
> * Sebastian Dröge [Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:39:47 +0100]:
> Hello again,
> > Ok, sounds sensible and I'm sorry that this has caused some problems.
> > I've filed bugs on all packages that b-d on libmpc-dev about one year
> > ago at the time when it was uploaded to unstable and the maintainers
> > that talked to me afterwards said that they'll care for this after it's
> > uploaded to unstable.
> > Porting to the new API shouldn't be that hard so what would you propose
> > how we do this transition? I'll upload the new package with updated
> > epoch to experimental later today, maybe this time the maintainers of
> > packages that b-d on libmpc-dev also want to port their applications
> > before it's in unstable ;) Just tell me when you think it's a good time
> > to upload it again to unstable.
> Hm. I think it’d be great if you could mail each of these bugs, saying
> that the upload to unstable will happen soon, and that’d it’d be great
> if they could look into looking at porting their applications already.
> Ideally, libmpc would be uploaded to unstable one all of these bugs have
> a patch confirmed to work (eg. by uploading it to experimental with
> properly versioned build-depends). That should give us some reassurance
> that we’re not going to have things eternally broken in unstable.
> Providing patches if, of course, one way of ensuring the transition will
> happen sooner rather than later.

I'll take a look at some packages in the next days and send an status
update to those bugs, maybe raising the severity to important now...

On another topic, shall I upload another sourcefull upload of
gst-plugins-bad0.10 or wait until it has moved to testing after a binNMU
against old libmpcdec?

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil

Reply to: