Re: Reverting the libmpc 0.1~r435-1 upload

* Sebastian Dröge [Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:39:47 +0100]:

Hello again,

> Ok, sounds sensible and I'm sorry that this has caused some problems.
> I've filed bugs on all packages that b-d on libmpc-dev about one year
> ago at the time when it was uploaded to unstable and the maintainers
> that talked to me afterwards said that they'll care for this after it's
> uploaded to unstable.

> Porting to the new API shouldn't be that hard so what would you propose
> how we do this transition? I'll upload the new package with updated
> epoch to experimental later today, maybe this time the maintainers of
> packages that b-d on libmpc-dev also want to port their applications
> before it's in unstable ;) Just tell me when you think it's a good time
> to upload it again to unstable.

Hm. I think it’d be great if you could mail each of these bugs, saying
that the upload to unstable will happen soon, and that’d it’d be great
if they could look into looking at porting their applications already.

Ideally, libmpc would be uploaded to unstable one all of these bugs have
a patch confirmed to work (eg. by uploading it to experimental with
properly versioned build-depends). That should give us some reassurance
that we’re not going to have things eternally broken in unstable.

Providing patches if, of course, one way of ensuring the transition will
happen sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

--
- Are you sure we're good?