Re: collectd-4.4.2-3 for Lenny?

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 09:07:53PM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > So, the question is how I'm supposed to handle this case. Build-
> > depending on the latest version of libupsclient1-dev is not an option as
> > collectd won't be able to migrate to Lenny then (afaik that libupsclient
> > version is not a candidate for Lenny). Should I upload to tpu instead or
> > take the risk that some buildd might be slightly outdated?
>
> As long as it does not pick up a stricter dep on nut than the version in
> testing it should be fine.  I can't see shlibs changes in the changelog
> so a proper upload should work.

Yep, that's not going to be a problem.

> The package should not be outdated on the buildds, so you should take
> the risk.

Okay, thanks. The package has been uploaded to unstable now with the
following changes:

 collectd (4.4.2-3) unstable; urgency=low

   * New debconf template translation:
     - nl.po, thanks to Eric Spreen (Closes: #502204).
     - sv.po, thanks to Martin Bagge (Closes: #504248).
   * debian/patches:
     - Added pod-errors.dpatch to fix some minor POD errors.
   * debian/rules:
     - Remove generated manpages in the clean target to avoid cluttering the
       source diff with the rebuilt manpages.
   * debian/collectd.conf:
     - Fixed a wrong type used in the "tail" plugin example.

So, this only touches translations and documentation. It would be nice
if you would unblock collectd-4.4.2-3.

TIA,
Sebastian