Re: collectd-4.4.2-3 for Lenny?

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 09:07:53PM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> So, the question is how I'm supposed to handle this case. Build-
> depending on the latest version of libupsclient1-dev is not an option as
> collectd won't be able to migrate to Lenny then (afaik that libupsclient
> version is not a candidate for Lenny). Should I upload to tpu instead or
> take the risk that some buildd might be slightly outdated?

As long as it does not pick up a stricter dep on nut than the version in
testing it should be fine.  I can't see shlibs changes in the changelog
so a proper upload should work.  The package should not be outdated on
the buildds, so you should take the risk.  It might need some handholding
on sparc because nut did not build there yet (I gave it back) but please
contact us again if this is the case.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant