Re: Need rescheduled build of 'farma' on hppa (Was: forwarded message from Dirk Eddelbuettel)

* Dirk Eddelbuettel (edd@debian.org) [080602 22:34]:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:31:20PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > Can you please just wait for 12 hours?
> >
> >   Package             : farma
> >   Version             : 260.72-3
> >   Builder             : buildd_hppa-penalosa
> >   State               : Installed
> >   Section             : math
> >   Priority            : optional
> >   Installed-Version   : 260.72-3
> >   Previous-State      : Uploaded
> >   State-Change        : 2008 Jun 02 18:49:09
> >   Notes               : out-of-date
> >
> > As you see, it is installed for not too long now, and the reason for it
> > being installed now is that it has built since the given-back.

> Now, as this has been fixed via give-back, we still do NOT know why
> Lamont sees the package as shipped whereas the other side does not.
> Ideas, anyone?

"Wait for 12 hours" was really meant so. I suggest reading the
developers reference and other information source about how our archive
works. Basically, packages are installed for the buildds as soon as they
end up in incoming.debian.org. However, they end up on the mirrors up to
12 hours later, and even a few hours later is the testing migration run.
So no need to worry.

In all the time I'm working in the release team, I cannot remember even
one case where packages in "Installed" went missing, if we leave the
hardware failure of the ftp-master host aside (and that's a case we for
sure noticed quite fast).

Cheers,
Andi
--