Re: Pending transitions

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2008-08-26 23:57]:
> > Yes, parted can go however 1.7 binaries cannot be removed from lenny
> > until we do RC1 release.
>
> What are these 1.7 binaries you refer to?  AFAICS, parted has been at
> version 1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-8 in testing since August 8, and there are no
> parted 1.7 binaries (udebs or otherwise) in testing.

libparted1.7-udeb is in testing, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=494532 what happened
when it was accidentally removed.

> Also, would it really be a "release candidate" if it were missing a major
> new upstream version of parted like this...?

I understood Otavio to mean that libparted1.7-udeb needs to remain in
testing until we start the preparations for rc1 (because the last beta
will break when libparted1.7-udeb is removed), but rc1 will of course
have the new parted.  At least this is my understanding.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/