Re: Pending transitions

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:37:18AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > parted
> > ======

> > parted is ready to transition, except that I agreed with Otavio he'd ack
> > me migrating it, and I haven't been able to get hold of him by IRC.

> > In any case, the important bit is that while udeb-only packages have
> > been binNMUed for this transition (partconf and partman-base), they
> > SHOULD NOT be migrated at all. parted-udeb, otoh, should be migrated
> > with its source package as usual (parted).

> Yes, parted can go however 1.7 binaries cannot be removed from lenny
> until we do RC1 release.

What are these 1.7 binaries you refer to?  AFAICS, parted has been at
version 1.8.8.git.2008.03.24-8 in testing since August 8, and there are no
parted 1.7 binaries (udebs or otherwise) in testing.

Also, would it really be a "release candidate" if it were missing a major
new upstream version of parted like this...?