Re: possible mass bug filing: not satisfied build dependencies in testing

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:20:22PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> OK. I refined now my analysis by checking build-dependencies of
> source packages in testing against the binary packages in testing+sid.
> (for a start), and I removed packages for debian-installer (Lucas
> told me hat the d-i team does not care about recompilation issues for
> these) and packages excluded by Packages-arch-specific. Furthermore,
> I partionend the result into three sets:

Please check if the unstable package already dropped the build-deps in
question and mark it resolved in that version then.

> linux-modules-extra-2.6 (= 2.6.25-5): FAILED
> binary: iscsitarget-modules-2.6-amd64
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   linux-modules-extra-2.6 (= 2.6.25-5) build-depends on r6040-source {NOT AVAILABLE}

Dependency dropped and I thought about requestion removal of the package
(r6040-source) if it would have been in testing.

> partconf (= 1.26): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   partconf (= 1.26) build-depends on libparted1.7-dev (>= 1.7.1-1) {NOT AVAILABLE}

D-I, fixed in unstable.

> partman-base (= 120): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   partman-base (= 120) build-depends on libparted1.7-dev (>= 1.7.1-1) {NOT AVAILABLE}

D-I, fixed in unstable.

Bastian

--
The man on tops walks a lonely street; the "chain" of command is often a noose.