Re: possible mass bug filing: not satisfied build dependencies in testing

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 06:25:14PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 03:33:13PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>
> > - Archive rebuilds: All RC bugs have been filed, with the exception of
> >   those caused by missing build-deps. Ralf Treinen might be willing to
> >   file those (about 30 new RC bugs).
>
> Lucas suggested to me that I ask you first before filing bugs but I
> forgot to ask you in MDQ. The bugs are build-dependencies in
> amd64/testing/main that cannot be satisfied in amd64/testing/main.
> These were found by a recent extension of the edos tools. Lucas
> had a look at the list in MDQ and spotted some false positives
> (we didn't take into account Packages-arch-specific). There are
> about 30 bugs remaining.
>
> Do you agree that I file bugs against all these packages?

Hmm, while these are clearly RC issues (from my purely
no-release-team-member PoV), I would doubt that these
necessarily are issues in the package itself (a actual
list would help...). E.g. issues that are only caused by the
build dependency not migrating to testing might be better
filed against release.debian.org (and only be reassigned
if it has been verified that it actually would be better
to change the package than migrating the build-dependency)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/