Re: heimdal

Adeodato Simó wrote:
The problem is that version of heimdal bumped the SONAME of one of the
libraries, namely libkrb5-24-heimdal -> libkrb5-25-heimdal.

Nowadays it's really encouraged that any SONAME bump is checked with the
release team first. The release team needs to be notified anyway in
order for to the new package to migrate, because it needs manual
hinting, so we take chance and ask that this notification is done
*before* uploading to unstable, in case there may be conflicting ongoing
transitions.
So can I clarify: you would like to let me know before I upload any package that comes with a SONAME bump?

(I am guessing dar is an exception here because nothing else links against its libraries except itself).

Brian May