Heimdal in unstable (1.2.dfsg.1-2) needs to get pushed through to
The testing version 1.1-3:
* contains non-free RFC documents (no bug report opened).
* supposedly solved version symbols (#453241
<http://bugs.debian.org/453241>) on AMD64, unfortunately it
appears the solution provided by upstream was broken and broke
versioned symbols all architectures (#492427)
Version 1.2.dfsg.1-1 which was in unstable until recently:
* Fixes the non-free RFC documents issue.
* Was in unstable for over a month with no problems detected except
* Not sure why it didn't get into testing, although I am somewhat
curious now. The release critical bug wasn't filled until rather
late (about the same time as the freeze).
Version 1.2.dfsg.1-2 now in unstable:
* It fixes (at least it looks fixed to me) the release critical
issue with versioned library symbols not working (#492427)
<http://bugs.debian.org/492427> and also adds debconf translations
* I solved this by overriding the configure check to always return
true, because I believe all Debian platforms support versioned
* It would be good if I could get somebody to independently verify
that the versioned library symbols really are working (it looks
good to me).
* Unfortunately every package that is linked against the buggy
Heimdal libraries must also be rebuilt, I am not sure how to
arrange this though.
So yes, this is a new upstream version compared with testing, however it
was available for a long time in unstable, and I think it is the safest
way of having a releasable package in testing/lenny.
heimdal <http://packages.debian.org/src:heimdal> (1.2.dfsg.1-2)
* Fix library version symbols. Again. Closes: #492427 <http://bugs.debian.org/492427>.
* Install swedish (sv) debconf translations from #491767. Closes: #483764 <http://bugs.debian.org/483764>, #491767 <http://bugs.debian.org/491767>.
-- Brian May <firstname.lastname@example.org
29 Jul 2008 13:11:57 +1000