Re: Communication style (Was: unblock request for consolekit_0.2.10-2)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt]
If you continue to ignore our widely announced rules, then yeah, you
waste your time. And ours.

Here again, yet another insulting message to one of your fellow debian
developer.  I wonder if this is how the release team wish to
communicate with the rest of the developers, or if the style you
choose towards me is unique for us two.  I hope for the latter,
because I want Lenny released on time and not delayed because too few
people are interested in working on preparing it, and insulting the
ones that could help out seem a bad strategy.

I don't think this was meant to be insulting at all, though I do understand that it can be interpreted that way... so sorry for that.

Just for the record, as I see it, I understand how the freeze work,
and have not ignored any widely announced rules.  Those are only your
insulting claims towards me.

Which of these changes are really needed and would you like us to review?

It seems you want to use new features that resulted in major code changes in the package. As we are currently stabilising the release, these are normally not accepted anymore. You could compare the current state with a stable prerelease were bugfixes that would be accepted for a stable point release can flow in every day. The freeze guidelines do make it easier to get even other fixes in, but these are meant to be the exception...

Cheers

Luk