[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Common Lisp packages for lenny

Hi there!

A small update now that all the RC bugs in Common Lisp packages have
been solved (and at least ten days passed since the lenny freeze).

I'm here asking for freeze exceptions for "only" four packages:
common-lisp-controller, ECL and CLISP and cedilla.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:35:02 +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Luca Capello [Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:50:57 +0200]:
>> This is caused by the fact that cl-asdf_1.111-1 conflicts with
>> common-lisp-controller << 6.13 and thus the two packages should be
>> migrated together.  Since I updated a new c-l-c version today fixing bug
>> #477169 [3], I know we need to wait ten more days.
> I've added a hint; they should migrate in ten days, as you say, provided
> all builds are in place.

common-lisp-controller_6.17 was uploaded on Jul 27th, the very same day
as the lenny freeze [1].  The differences between the version in lenny
(6.15) are only DebConf translations update:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
common-lisp-controller (6.17) unstable; urgency=low

  * Debconf translations:
    + Swedish, thanks to Martin Bagge <brother@bsnet.se>
      (Closes: #491761).

 -- Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>  Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:19:03 +0200

common-lisp-controller (6.16) unstable; urgency=low

  * Debconf template/translations update, thanks to Christian Perrier
    + Czech.
    + German.
    + Spanish.
    + Finnish.
    + French.
    + Galician.
    + Dutch.
    + Portoguese.
    + Russian.
    + Swedish.
    + Vietnamese.

  * debian/templates:
    + remove trailing space and correct typo, patch from
      Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>.

 -- Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>  Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:11:50 +0200
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

>> Apart from that, the next step is to fix bugs in ECL and CLISP.  Since
>> the latter was recently removed from testing, I'll write again to ask
>> for migration as soon as the package will be OK.
> It should migrate by itself once there are no open RC bugs against it,
> but sure, come by if you see it's not migrating for some reason.

CLISP is in a strange situation: after it was removed from testing, I
tried to solve all the FTBFS bugs, but the one appeared on s390 was a
bit too harsh and resulted in dropping s390 at least for lenny [2].
However, it seems that the s390 buildd tried anyway to build
clisp_2.44.1-4, which is wrong [3].

Together with that, while the powerpc package for clisp_2.44.1-4 was
built fine [4], it didn't get installed, which prevents CLISP to migrate
to testing and thus also cedilla (which depends on CLISP [5] and has
already a freeze exception).

ECL is a bit more complicated: 0.9j-20080306-4, uploaed on Jul 7th, has
never been tried to be built on arm and s390 since then.  ECL has
already a freeze exception, so should I directly contact the arm and
s390 buildd maintainers, instead?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/07/msg00007.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=488817#54
[3] http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=clisp&ver=1%3A2.44.1-4&arch=s390&stamp=1216839080&file=log
[4] http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=clisp&ver=1%3A2.44.1-4&arch=powerpc&stamp=1216867651&file=log
[5] http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=cedilla

Attachment: pgpebLiAH8vzT.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: