Re: Please unblock perl

Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> writes:

> I'm no maintainer of that package, but if they don't react on mails or
> even a NMU then I don't know what do to. I got promises for an upload,
> but it was only marked as pending for 6 weeks, not uploaded. Also I got
> nothing additional before and after my NMU one month later. It also have
> 2 RC bugs, one without response by the maintainers for 1 month.

Many thanks to you, Bastian, and the release team for getting the fix
for perl #479698 (the "svk bug") in lenny despite our inactivity.

FWIW, the background here is that I had a new version prepared that was
intended to fix this and quite a few other issues back in June. The
essential packages were already frozen at that time, and I asked for
input on uploading the new version twice here on debian-release without
any reply.

My time then ran out - I've been on a family vacation the whole July
(as announced on -private), and apparently Brendan didn't find the time
to push the issue after all.

Apologies for my part; I should probably have gone ahead and uploaded
a more minimal version instead of asking stupid questions around.

As for the current situation, we apparently need at least one more perl
update for lenny to fix #488300 / #489132 one way or another. I'll see
what I can do there.
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org