Re: "new bugs" already fixed

* Simon Huggins (huggie@earth.li) [080509 16:59]:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 02:33:42PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Simon Huggins (huggie@earth.li) [080509 12:20]:

> > > It does say "introduces new bugs" (twice) and "has new bugs".  These
> > > aren't true; the bugs are only in the out of date package.

> > In case it would migrate to testing as is, a new RC bug would be present
> > in some of the binary packages.  In case only armel would be
> > out-of-date, it would even be relevant to not allow testing migration.
>
> Ok, as an Englishman I read:
> 	Updating telegnome introduces new bugs: #464331
> as:
> 	When I update telegnome in testing from 0.0.10-7 (with RC bugs)
> 	to 0.1.0-3 (without), there is a new bug which didn't exist
> 	previously.
> which is untrue.

It reads: If telegnome in testing is updated from no version to the
version in unstable, it introduces the RC bug #464331 into testing.

> If the *newer* teleglobe had an RC bug I would understand this output
> but as it doesn't it seems a little odd.

The version of teleglobe in unstable *has* an RC bug. Please keep in
mind that both source and binary package can carry RC bugs.

Anyways, end-of-discussion on d-release. If you want to get testing
migration explained better, please read the FAQs and the developers
reference, and if still in doubt, please ask on -mentors or somewhere
else.

Cheers,
Andi
--