Re: Freeze exception for dpkg 1.14.18

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 07:42:46PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 04:18:29PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I would have liked to upload all this sooner, but Guillem absolutely
> > wanted to merge the triggers in dpkg 1.14.17 and with the hijack story,
> > it delayed the whole for several weeks.
>
> Please explain how Ian's upload (which was promptly unaccepted)
> delayed Guillem's work.

No, please don't. We don't want the whole issue to be re-raised again in
a new sub-thread. Let's move on.

FWIW, in my view Raphael's claim is not such a strong claim that needs
the motivation you are asking for. I think we can all imagine how a
"fight" like those between Guillem and Ian can delay work on one side:
you have emotionally to deal with the fight, and you have technically to
work with the FTP guys to deal with the issue (for example to explain
the motivation so that they lift the upload restriction). All these
things take time away.

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/