Re: Proposed release goal for lenny: Switch to dependency based boot system

[Frans Pop]
> Sure, I'm aware of all that. However, that does not take away my general
> impression that insserv is not stable, mature and tested enough to be
> promoted to the default mechanism.

Well, it is the default mechanism in SuSe and have been it for years.
So it have got quite a lot of testing already. :)

When that is said, I agree that we need to test it a lot in Debian
too, both to reduce the chance of unexpected things to happen, but
also for the tool to gain the trust of you and others. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen