Re: Proposed release goal for lenny: Switch to dependency based boot system

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> I believe it soon would be ok to switch unstable to use dependency
>> based boot sequencing by default.
> I have to say that I disagree with that. I have tried insserv on my
> laptop last month and was not all that happy with the way it worked.

Please note that this decision hasn't been made by the release team
yet. It's a possibility that we may switch to something dependency based
before releasing lenny, but that needs further (and broader) testing. At
the moment, we simply don't have enough experience with dep-based init
in Debian to change something as important as the default of the init
system.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
100: Hacker