Re: Idea for dealing with transitions
I have a variant of your idea:
Lucas Nussbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Maybe we could start by a simpler solution, not involving dak:
> - parse the hints files
> - get a list of source packages where:
> - version in testing != version in unstable
> - version in unstable is mentioned in a hints files
> for each source package in that list, display a big warning on the PTS:
> This package is mentioned in an hints file. It might be part of an
> ongoing transition. Please don't upload without asking permission from
> the release team, or you might add a long delay to the transition of a
> lot of packages to testing.
- parse the hints files, get a list of packages (+version) that are hinted
- get a list of source packages where:
- version in testing != version in unstable
- version in unstable is mentioned in a hints files
- filter this list with the list of packages that are being hinted.
for each source package in that list:
- make dak reject the package with "package $package_$version
in unstable is bein tried to transition into testing. Please
contact debian-release@ for details."
I could imagine that this would make least efford to the release team.
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4