Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> writes:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:05:30 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>>
>> No, you don't seem to understand that I'm saying that having these
>> bits out of sync at release time is *unacceptable*.
>
> OK.  I am not going to argue about this.  Perhaps you know some
> technical reasons why it is unacceptable to have these out of sync.
> These reasons however are far from obvious to me. :-)

It's a hell to manage. Think about a bug that exists on the new
version of .deb and not the old, used o .udeb or the inverse. You'd
possible need to upload a old package to update the udeb and DAK would
forbit it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116