Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:05:30 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> No, you don't seem to understand that I'm saying that having these
> bits out of sync at release time is *unacceptable*.

OK.  I am not going to argue about this.  Perhaps you know some
technical reasons why it is unacceptable to have these out of sync.
These reasons however are far from obvious to me. :-)

> I don't think it's ok to ship two copies of glibc in the archive for
> each release just because it was inconvenient to get the debs and
> udebs synchronized properly.

I don't understand why you have used the word "properly" here but I
don't have a close look at the things. If you think I am the only one
who does not understand - do not answer and I will take a point. :-)

To me it seams that having debs and udebs out of sync makes the life of
the developers easier which means the product the users get will be
better.

Anton Zinoviev