Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

[I am not subscribed to debian-release, only to debian-boot.]

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:32:47PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> An initial idea was to allow udebs to be out-of-sync with the source in
> testing (i.e. allow source and debs to migrate earlier than the udebs).
> This idea was vetoed by Steve Langasek for release management reasons and
> general quality considerations.

Another option would be to make two testing distributions with
independent migration of the packages -- one for d-i and another for
the rest of Debian.  This way we have the benefits of the undisturbed
migration of the debs to testing while in the same time all packages
have sources.

Anton Zinoviev