Re: T&S for Release Assistents

Amaya wrote:
Pierre Habouzit wrote:
  Hmm you mean I should inform a Maintainer's package for a package
whose last 4 uploads since 2006-10-27 are NMUs ? for a bug that is
what, 10 months old ? Heh. It qualifies to the 0-day NMU policy for so
many reasons that well...

I totally agree with you here!
Could we at least write those down or at least agree on what qualifies
to the 0-day NMU policy? As far as I know, it's just the "we are about
to release" reason I am familiar with.

From the Developer's Reference:
--
At times, the release manager or an organized group of developers can announce a certain period of time in which the NMU rules are relaxed. This usually involves shortening the period during which one is to wait before uploading the fixes, and shortening the DELAYED period. It is important to notice that even in these so-called "bug squashing party" times, the NMU'er has to file bugs and contact the developer first, and act later. Please see Bug squashing parties, Section 7.2.2 for details.
--

This is the only thing we based on us so far to relax the NMU rules... in practice this meant either a BSP or the period up to the release.

I don't see any problem with having more BSPs with relaxed NMU rules that target particular type of bugs...

Cheers

Luk