Re: please requeue monotone for build on i386

On 7/16/07, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> devel/monotone_0.35-2: Needs-Build [optional:out-of-date]
>  Previous state was Building until 2007 Jul 16 16:11:29

> -- which is incorrect

Uh, no, it's not.  The reason for the state change may not be at all obvious
from the outside, but that page takes its data directly from the wanna-build
database.

I'm prepared to believe that the wanna-build database recorded a
transition from Building to Needs-Build at that time, but based on all
the other visible evidence, I don't believe that the i386 buildd
actually attempted to build the package.  In fact, I don't believe the
i386 buildd is building packages at all.  The set of packages listed
at http://buildd.debian.org/stats/?arch=i386&state=Needs-Build has not
changed since this morning - I believe it hasn't changed since last
week, but I don't have logs to prove it - the timestamps on the
"Previous state was Building since <DATE>" lines change, but the
packages don't progress from Needs-Build.

> Would someone please kick the i386 buildd?

To do what, exactly?

To make it start processing packages again...

zw