Re: pound for etch

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:58:27AM +0200, Michael Piefel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 04.04.2007, 20:30 +0200 schrieb Luk Claes:
> > Sorry, the version in unstable is not acceptable at this stage of the release
> > preparations. We will probably also not consider an upload to
> > testing-proposed-updates at this stage of the release preparations as we are
> > only considering RC bug fixes anymore. Note that it might be a good idea to
> > try to get in the first point release of etch...

> Whatever you say. It’s a pity we weren’t able to make ourselves
> understood. Let me clarify: pound 2.0-1.1 (the version in testing) has
> an RC bug (#360842) which is fixed by Jordi’s backport as well as the
> newer pound 2.2.7-2 in unstable.

The easiest way to make that understood is to document the bug's correct
severity in the BTS in the first place...  Jordi's own request stated "this
isn't RC, but pretty annoying, at least".

> Either accept pound 2.0-1.2 or pound 2.2.7-2, or remove it from etch.

Well, it also would have helped had someone with an interest in this package
uploaded it to t-p-u, since it's apparently been sitting ready for a week or
so.  I've uploaded it now since I know Jordi is currently without his PGP
key.