pound for etch

Hi Michael,

I've been looking at the state of the pound package for the last week or
so, and planned uploading an urgent NMU to fix the segfaults bug which
has a patch on the BTS. Some other priorities at work prevented me from
doing so.

Luckily enough, you uploaded 2.2 recently, which fixes the situation for
sid, but won't help etch at this point, as there are huge code changes
between 2.0 and 2.2.7.

Do you plan applying the segfaults patch to 2.0 and upload via t-p-u so
we can try to make etch? If not, I can try to have it done in the next
days.

Release team, I already talked briefly with Steve about this bug on IRC
a week ago. Not fixing it probably means the package is quite unusable,
but the #360842's severity is not realistic: pound will segfault with
most requests, using a trivial configuration. Additionally, the
documentation and default configuration file refers to 1.x versions,
which is entirely non-applicable to pound 2.x configuration files. This
isn't RC, but pretty annoying, at least.

The segfault bug has a patch in the BTS.

With Michael's upload, fixing the documentation/default config would be
pretty trivial.

I'll be interested in doing such a NMU if there's still a chance of the
update making etch. If not, it's not worth it: a new, fixed version
awaits in unstable for lenny's birth.

Jordi