Re: pound for etch

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:41:32AM +0200, Michael Piefel wrote:
> Well, that package is quite OK and surely with minimal changes.

I can upload tonight if finally my ADSL link is working.

> What I would greatly prefer, however, is for the 2.2.7-2 version to go
> in. I know it is a new upstream version, but it fixes dozens of bugs not
> yet reported, and since no package at all depends on pound I cannot see
> any harm done. Regression is also impossible, since 2.0-1.1 is so badly
> broken.

Me too; I am personally going to use/am using pound 2.2.7 from unstable
in my production servers, but if 2.2.7 is unacceptable for etch, I think
at the very least, we need to fix those two bugs in etch.

Release team, is there *any* chance of letting the unstable version in?
In my experience, it'd be a lot better than the NMU, but I would
understand not going this route on April 3rd.

Thanks,
Jordi