Re: Accepted blender 2.42a-5etch1 (source i386)

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 11:21:09AM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:

> JFYI, just to let you know ...

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:42:13PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > [...]  But, having been uploaded to
> > t-p-u, we'll go with it, it just may take longer this way to be built on all
> > architectures.

> Oh, indeed: unfortunately, the build failed on arm, mips and sparc.

> However, as the build toolchain was about 12, 17 and 10 months old,
> respectively, I strongly suspect this to be the cause for the failed
> build, given that the other architectures managed to build the package
> just fine (except for m68k due to a timeout) and that -6 has been build
> successfully in unstable by *all* architectures.

For arm, that's correct.  For mips, the package build-depends on g++-3.3,
which depends on the correct version of libstdc++-dev; this is either a bug
in the gcc 3.3 packages resulting in a wrong library path, or it's a wrong
link invocation.  Can't tell which from the build log, because blender
helpfully hides all build commandlines...

For sparc, the problem is likely to be the same as for arm, yes.  Though
it's hard to tell from the build log, which doesn't mention g++-4.1 or
libstdc++6-4.1-dev at all. :/