Re: Accepted blender 2.42a-5etch1 (source i386)

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 04:03:09AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:47:04AM +0000, Florian Ernst wrote:
> >  blender (2.42a-5etch1) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=high
> >  .
> >    * Upload to t-p-u after talking to the security team
> >    * Security: No longer ship the kmz_ImportWithMesh.py script since it allows
> >      user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary Python code by
> >      importing a crafted (1) KML or (2) KMZ file [CVE-2007-1253].
>
> Uhm?  I just saw Moritz quoted as saying:
>
> > The change in question would warrant a DSA, so I'm quite sure it will
> > get accepted if it only contains the change below. It's easily reviewable
> > and fixes a genuine security problem.

Right. And a few lines above this:

| > >                   ^^^^
| > > Just for clarity's sake, you mean uploading to testing-proposed-updates?
| >
| > Yes.

> If it warrants a DSA, why was this not uploaded to testing-security instead
> of testing-proposed-updates?

Moritz, did you actually mean testing-security instead of t-p-u? If so I
probably didn't express myself clearly enough ... :/

Well, my aim as a maintainer is to get this fix into Etch. When
approaching d-release about this I was referred to security, while
security asked me to upload to t-p-u, or at least so I understood and
tried to clarify.
Please, how to best proceed from here?

Cheers,
Flo