Please unblock mkvmlinuz 31

Hi,

I made another upload of mkvmlinuz fixing the following remarks. Can
you unblock it? Thanks.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:13:47PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 01:20:44PM +0100, Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 03:47:26AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > +    + Add dh_strip in debian/rules, because a binary was left
> > > +      unstripped.
>
> > > Are you sure this carries no risk of regression?  It's not unheard of that
> > > bootloaders care about the difference of stripped vs. unstripped binaries.
>
> > This is not a bootloader, but a user space tool which is used by
> > mkvmlinuz. Nevertheless, you are right to ask: I should strip only
> > the user space binary, but not the object files used to create the
> > boot code. (Actually, I do not know yet whether dh_strip also strips
> > .o files, so I will take a look at it more carefully.)
>
> Ok.

I compiled two debs, one with dh_strip and another without
dh_strip, and I extracted them with dpkg -x. After a diff between
the two resulting trees, I noticed that only the addnote tool had
changed. Therefore this is a safe change, since the boot code object
files are not stripped.

> > This little program takes a PowerPC Linux kernel as an uncompressed
> > ELF image file (usually called vmlinux or such) and adds boot code
> > and possibly a ramdisk to create a compressed kernel image that can
> > be booted directly from Open Firmware, thus eliminating the need for
> > a second-stage bootloader such as yaboot or quik. This is especially
> > useful on PowerPC sub-architectures which do not have a bootloader at
> > all, but may also come in handy for install kernels, netboot systems,
> > and the like.
>
> Yes, this looks correct.

It is fixed.

 .''`.   Aurélien GÉRÔME