Re: Please unblock mkvmlinuz 30

Hi Aurélien,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 07:44:10PM +0100, Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> I made an upload of mkvmlinuz which adds a translation, fixes a
> silent failure, and fixes an arithmetic syntax error. To my mind,
> the other changes are pretty harmless...

+  * Add myself to the Uploaders field.

Is this done with the consent of the current uploader?

+    + Add dh_strip in debian/rules, because a binary was left
+      unstripped.

Are you sure this carries no risk of regression?  It's not unheard of that
bootloaders care about the difference of stripped vs. unstripped binaries.

  This little program takes a PowerPC Linux kernel as an uncompressed
- ELF image file (usually called vmlinux or somesuch) and adds boot
- code and possibly a ramdisk to create a compressed kernel image that
- can be booted directly from Open Firmware, thus eliminating the need
- for a second-stage bootloader such as yaboot or quik.  This is
- especially useful on PowerPC sub-architectures that do not have a
- bootloader at all, but may also come handy for install kernels,
- netboot systems and the like.
-
+ ELF image file (usually called vmlinux or such) and adds a boot code
+ and possibly a ramdisk to create a compressed kernel image that can
+ be booted directly from Open Firmware, thus eliminating the need for
+ a second-stage bootloader such as yaboot or quik. This is especially
+ useful on PowerPC sub-architectures which do not have a bootloader
+ at all, but may also come handy to install kernels, netboot systems,
+ and the likes.

Sorry, but from an English language POV this is a regression.  "adds boot
code" is correct, "adds a boot code" is not.  "that do not" is equally as
correct as "which do not".  "the like" is correct, "the likes" is not.  And
"handy to install kernels" has a different meaning than "handy for install
kernels", where the original appears to be the correct sense.

And btw, it should be "may also come in handy" or "may also be handy",
instead of "may also come handy".

+msgid ""
+"Your PowerPC sub-architecture supports more than one bootloader, please "
+"select the one you want to use."
+msgstr ""
+"A sua sub-arquitectura PowerPC suporta mais do que um gestor de arranque, "
+"por favor escolha aquele que quer utilizar."

Sigh... this could be an error in my mastery of pt_PT, but I'm pretty sure
"mais do que um gestor" is a mistranslation and that this should be "mais de
um gestor", because "mais do que um gestor de arranque" means "your
subarchitecture supports more than a bootloader (does)", not "more than one
bootloader".  Shame on me for trying to be thorough...

The rest looks ok.