Re: BIND 8 deprecation for the release notes

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> That got me wondering and it appears that Etch will ship with Apache
> 1.3.34? Why?  It is considered a legacy release by ASF?  Is the Debian
> security team really willing to support it for another 2-3 years?

> I'm sure that there are other examples.

(Funnily enough, I'd been thinking exactly that about bind8 recently myself.)

Surely that's between the relevant maintainers and the RMs?

You could file a wishlist bug against the relevant package to have it
dropped... Of course, for both of these that existed in Sarge, transitions
will have to be arranged...

Mind you, this isn't really the place to discuss it... -devel or -project
if people want to talk about it further.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.com