Re: BIND 8 deprecation for the release notes

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:02:05PM +0100, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:

> Sure, but python2.5 is not really usable: almost all the python modules are
> compiled only for python2.4. For postgresql you are right and I'm wrong,
> but I suppose that there are other examples in the archive where the only a
> major release is released.
>
> Anyway, my question still applies. :)

That got me wondering and it appears that Etch will ship with Apache
1.3.34? Why?  It is considered a legacy release by ASF?  Is the Debian
security team really willing to support it for another 2-3 years?

I'm sure that there are other examples.

Regards,

-Roberto

--