Re: Hinting my packages in :)

Thanks for the added hints, however:

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:
>>   * bsdmainutils 6.1.5
>>     only the maintainer changed, would be nice to have it up2date in
>>     etch
>
> No

It doesn't make any sense to me to keep *knowingly* and *intentionally*
an outdated address in a released package, especially if the debdiff is
that trivial.

>>   * hostname 2.93
>>     only the maintainer changed (and some really trivial debian/*
>>     simplifications), would be nice to have it up2date in etch
>
> No

Same with bsdmainutils.

>>   * pyslide 0.4-6
>>     moved diff.gz upstream modifications into a dpatch, and orphaned the
>>     package. Would be nice to have it no longer pointing to me in etch.
>
> No

Same with bsdmainutils.

>>   * traceroute 1.4a12-21
>>     only the maintainer changed (and some really trivial debian/*
>>     simplifications), would be nice to have it up2date in etch
>
> No

Same with bsdmainutils.

>>   * dahb-html 3.1.2.15-1
>>     this is a new upstream release of an online-book, should be
>>     no problem to hint this one in :)
>
> he@ries:~$ debdiff /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/non-free/d/dahb-html/dahb-html_3.1.2.1{4,5}*.dsc | wc -l
> 17876
>
> I don't think so.

Why? This book has updated html text pages - no code, no debian/* changes.

>> ...and there are a few packages of mine where I suggest to hint them
>> into testing...
>>
>>   * dwm 2.6-1 and dwm-tools 4
>>     upstream has a extremous 'release often' policy, each minor fix
>>     gets a new upstream version. those fixes are simple, but important
>>     (e.g. for utf)
>
> No, until you show a bug.

Does that mean that I have now to go through the upstream changelog, and
issue 3 or 4 RC bugs against the dwm package for etch? Or do we
knowingly ship dwm 2.1?

>> ...and there are a few which are strange, where I'd like to ask for help
>> in getting more information about
>>
>>   * unionfs 1.4+debian-3
>>     should have had entered testing since quite a while,
>>     i don't know why it didn't, there is no bug.
>
> he@ries:~$ madison unionfs
>    unionfs |   1.0.11-1 |        stable | source
>    unionfs | 1.4+debian-3 |       testing | source
>    unionfs | 1.4+debian-3 |      unstable | source

seems pts/ddpo was outdated then at the time of writing the mail.