Re: Hinting my packages in :)

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:
>   * bsdmainutils 6.1.5
>     only the maintainer changed, would be nice to have it up2date in
>     etch

No

>   * cdparanoia 3.10+debian~pre0-4
>     only slightly updated kfreebsd patch in order to work together with
>     kdemultimedia, does not have any effect on to be released platforms
>     (#402208).

Done, but not really needed. Only because the diff was so short

>   * glib1.2 1.2.10-17
>     -15 and -17 updates libtool in order to build on kfreebsd, does not
>     have any effect on to be released platforms (#261315).
>     -16 fixed the nasty underquoting in glib.m4 (#396667).

Done.

>   * goobox 0.9.93-7
>     fixes a RC typo in debian/control (#401450).

Done.

>   * hostname 2.93
>     only the maintainer changed (and some really trivial debian/*
>     simplifications), would be nice to have it up2date in etch

No

>   * pyslide 0.4-6
>     moved diff.gz upstream modifications into a dpatch, and orphaned the
>     package. Would be nice to have it no longer pointing to me in etch.

No

>   * traceroute 1.4a12-21
>     only the maintainer changed (and some really trivial debian/*
>     simplifications), would be nice to have it up2date in etch

No

>   * linux-modules-contrib-2.6 and linux-modules-nonfree-2.6
>     the debian/* parts are identical to linux-modules-extra-2.6,
>     building only the binary modules out of module-source packages.
>     should be definitely included in etch.

Left for later

>   * dahb-html 3.1.2.15-1
>     this is a new upstream release of an online-book, should be
>     no problem to hint this one in :)

he@ries:~$ debdiff /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/non-free/d/dahb-html/dahb-html_3.1.2.1{4,5}*.dsc | wc -l
17876

I don't think so.

>   * kqemu 1.3.0~pre9-3
>     adds a missing file required when building the binary-module
>     old-style (without m-a, without make-kpkg, #401174).

Done.

> ...and there are a few packages of mine where I suggest to hint them
> into testing...
>
>   * dwm 2.6-1 and dwm-tools 4
>     upstream has a extremous 'release often' policy, each minor fix
>     gets a new upstream version. those fixes are simple, but important
>     (e.g. for utf)

No, until you show a bug.

>   * tinyerp-client and tinyerp-server 4.0-1
>     although it is a new major version, not much changed.
>     the new upstream release is a bugfix and l10n update mostly,
>     and only a few simple feauture additions, which were already present
>     in 3.5 (has been some weeks in experimental already).

No.

> ...and there are a few which are strange, where I'd like to ask for help
> in getting more information about
>
>   * unionfs 1.4+debian-3
>     should have had entered testing since quite a while,
>     i don't know why it didn't, there is no bug.

he@ries:~$ madison unionfs
   unionfs |   1.0.11-1 |        stable | source
   unionfs | 1.4+debian-3 |       testing | source
   unionfs | 1.4+debian-3 |      unstable | source

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
195: SOAP