Re: release adjustments

Hi there, Andi, Steve and the rest of the RM team!

Andreas Barth wrote:
> And of course, the time for transitions prior Etch is history.

I am asking for permission to continue my old-transition NMU work as
part of my QA and MIA tracking effort.

I still plan to deal with transitions listed at:
http://wiki.debian.org/AmayaRodrigo

Namely:

1) Link in /usr/doc Transition:

 Master bug #322762 still blocked by:
   - #351740: libcorelinux
   - #378647: netcdf-bin
   - #378648: sendfile

2) Cdebconf Transition:

 Master bug: #328498 still blocked by:
  - #321038: irm
  - #331736: aladin
  - #331738: amavis-ng
  - #331749: atokx
  - #331770: canna
  - #331778: cipe
  - #331788: daemontools-installer
  - #331793: dbmail
  - #331818: ettercap
  - #331821: filterproxy
  - #331839: gnarwl
  - #331840: gnats
  - #331844: gtktrain
  - #331865: irm
  - #331876: kdrill
  - #331883: lapack3
  - #331995: libapache-mod-backhand
  - #331998: libdebconf-ruby
  - #332007: lilo
  - #332015: magyarispell
  - #332019: mailreader
  - #332022: mason
  - #332031: mozilla
  - #332035: mserv
  - #332038: mtop
  - #332040: multi-gnome-terminal
  - #332045: ndtpd
  - #332058: orville-write
  - #332062: pdbv
  - #332068: pimppa
  - #332075: printbill
  - #332080: quake2-data
  - #332082: razzle
  - #332083: remstats
  - #332089: screen
  - #332092: sendpage
  - #332105: ssmtp
  - #332118: tmda
  - #332129: twiki
  - #332136: uw-imap
  - #332137: viewcvs
  - #332138: vpopmail
  - #332139: vtun
  - #332141: waproamd
  - #332142: wdm
  - #332145: webmin-ldap-user-simple
  - #332165: zope
  - #332176: zope-loginmanager

Therefore, I am asking for permission to deal with this is a case by
case basis, or to completely postpone this until etch is released.

I know these bugs are not RC and I could help somewhere else towards the
release, but tracking these bugs allows me to do a lot of MIA work,
which sometimes brings maintainers back.

It all can, of course wait for Etch to be released. In that case I will
just send patches and then start prodding after we all have a release
outdoors bonfire, and the 0-day NMU season is closed, which is not fair
;)

Let me know how the RM Team feels about my crazy transition fixation.

Thanks.

--
  ·''`.             If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
 : :' :                                            -- Emma Goldman