Re: m68k release future

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Personally, I think m68k would be better served by having a testing-m68k
> and taking occassional snapshots which serve as the supported stable-m68k
> release, rather than worrying about something equivalent to etch itself.

Why should we do this? As it looks right now, we are in not much different
shape than most other ports and if our bugs were taken seriously
(especially if they already tagged _patch_), we might be in an even better
position. The only problem right now is our backlog and we'll hopefully
see soon how quickly it can be reduced via distcc.
So producing a stable release should require little effort from our side,
which poses the question why the release team is unwilling to do this...

bye, Roman