Re: binNMUs of gaim-plugins

Steve Langasek wrote:
> As discussed on IRC, I'm waiting for Ari to provide me with a complete
> list
> of packages that can and should be binNMUed for the gaim ABI change, which
> he said he would try to get me this weekend.

I just did the analysis, which was to look in all of the plugins' source
where they initialize a GaimPluginInfo structure, at the fifth element
(ui_requirement). If it's NULL, nothing needs to be done. If it's
GAIM_GTK_PLUGIN_TYPE, a rebuild is required. If it's neither of those two,
a source change in the plugin needs to happen (this wasn't the case with
any plugin package in Debian).

So, the following packages need to be binNMUed for the new gaim 2.0.0beta4:
gaim-autoprofile
gaim-encryption
gaim-extendedprefs
gaim-guifications
gaim-hotkeys
gaim-otr
nautilus-sendto

Just for reference, the following plugins don't need any changes; they are
UI-agnostic:
N  gaim-irchelper
N  gaim-librvp
N  gaim-thinklight

Whenever gaim 2.0.0beta4 builds on m68k (seems to be waiting on
evolution-data-server for a change), the plugins on m68k will need to be
rebuilt too.

Thanks,
Ari