Re: powerpc64, multiarch vs biarch and etch ... (Was: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline)

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Sven Luther wrote:
> Maybe, but biarch are what we have now, and what can be made to work. I asked
> this same question 6+ month ago, and you gave me the same reply, and
> multi-arch has not progressed an inch since then.

This is wrong. Sven, please stop saying that nothing changed when you're
simply annoyed that it's not finished yet.

In the last 6 months we had:
- multiarch support added to ld by Aurelien jarno
- a report from HP/Canonical about how to go forward
- another proposition from Goswin van Brederlow (see his recent work and
  bugreports on -dpkg)

Raphaël Hertzog