powerpc64, multiarch vs biarch and etch ... (Was: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline)

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:05:26PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> another month has passed and DebConf happened, so we have a few more
> changes to announce.
>
> Release Goals
> =============

I guess from the above, and previous mails from the multi-arch proposers, that
this means that multi-arch is now dead for etch, right ?

Does this mean that if we want userland powerpc64 support, that we should push
biarch version of some of the libs needed by those tools needing 64bit access ?
We already have a few of those in the archive.

Notice that i asked these same questions 6+ month ago, and multiarch was all
the rage back then, and even in january the RMs seemed to be interested by
multiarch, but this is absent from the release goals, and is not even
mentioned.

Friendly,

Sven Luther