Re: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline

Steve Langasek a écrit :
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:50:28PM +0200, Fabrice Lorrain wrote:

What is the current status of nfsv4 in testing.
What can we expect for etch ?
- does people from debian kernel-team follow the current dev (CITI patch, krb5p support reintroduce in late 2.6.17 etc...) ? - What is the current status of userland tools (nfs-utils + CITI patch, kerberos, idmap, librpcsecgss [1])

And more generaly what nfsv4 feature could we count on for etch.

It seems [2] that Trond Myklebust was at Debconf and from his mail Dapper is more or less in shape... If it's not an ongoing work, maybe time for the grab-ubuntu-patch-merge-an-improved-debian-version dance (at DD's discretion,).

You'll want to direct these questions to the respective maintainers, not to
the release team.

You removed "Release Goals" from my previous mail...

So the question for this list is :

"Did the release team evaluate the pertinence of having nfsv4 support as a release goal for etch ?"

Thanks,

	Fab